Oh no, it’s that time of the year again. The clocks are going back on 25th October and we trade a little bit of light in the morning for more darkness earlier in the day. Oh well, at least we get to see the fantastic lights on the Stray!
Never fear, here’s 5 tips to help make winter go smoothly and safely.
- Replace the batteries in any smoke or carbon monoxide detectors – better safe than sorry.
- Service, service, service – gas fires, wood burning stoves, agas, lawnmowers… the list goes on. Better to do it now before everyone gets really busy in the run up to Christmas.
- Check those roofs and gutters. Blocked gutters (full of leaves) are a major cause of water ingress and damp walls. Most roofers will oblige for a small fee!
- Is the car ship shape? Get your windscreen fluid to the right concentration, check the tyres and if you’re like my husband, get the winter tyres on now.
- Grab some salt and grit for the first snow. Don’t be that person that finds they really need it most when everyone has sold out.
Keep safe and sound and have a happy winter!